1. Application of Conditions of Use
By visiting or using any part of this website, www.elitetrades.com (“This Website”) you agree to be bound by the following conditions otherwise you may not have access to this website.
2. Copyright, Trademarks and Database Rights
- Elite Trades Directory Ltd t/a ‘Elite Trades’ (hereon in “Elite Trades”) own all intellectual property rights (IPRs) within this website. This includes all graphical images, the database, website design, content and the names and marks “Elite Trades” and you agree not to use or copy the same or any part thereof without our prior consent. We maintain the right to reproduce logos and information from our advertised members with their prior permission. It is your responsibility to ensure that you own all IPRs of any image(s) that you supply us to promote your business on the website. You agree to indemnify us for any loss we suffer as a result of any copyright infringement.
- The continued use of IPRs and content and any other data and copyright materials shall not constitute an infringement or breach of contract where such use arises as a result of our continued use and supply or printed materials bearing the advertisement.
- We offer a unique advertising opportunity and promote up to a maximum of three tradespeople/businesses as premium trades through the website in specified categories of trade in specified geographical areas (“The Service”)
- We reserve the right to reject, remove or amend information or material provided by advertisers which has been submitted to us for inclusion if we feel it to be distasteful, defamatory, illegal, does not meet our standards or it breaches any copyright or other rights of any third party.
- We do not make any representation or commendation of the value or indeed creditworthiness of any resulting potential customer following a visit to the website and viewing your entry.
- We accept no liability for transactions between you and the website visitors nor do we accept any liability or responsibility for any loss suffered by you, your customers or any person arising out of your entry on the website, howsoever caused.
- You agree to indemnify us for any loss we suffer as a result of any action brought against us as a result of your entry on the website, the material contained therein or any service or product supplied by you. We do not accept any liability for any feedback posted on the website from people who engage you through the website.
4. Member Conditions
- By submitting your subscription fee for the service, you agree that the information you provide us upon registration, whether by telephone, email or by any other means of communication, is full and accurate and not misleading or untrue in any way.
- It is your responsibility to update us of any changes to that information by emailing email@example.com
- Each registration is for a single user or business only. Upon registration and receiving your start-up administration fee, we will reserve and prepare for you one of our exclusive ‘elite’ promotional slots signaling the opening of your account with us.
- You will be given up to 14 days to provide us with the requested ‘vetting’ information required to confirm and authenticate your application.
- On receipt of the vetting information and subject to confirming the details previously discussed and recorded, the design of your webpage will then be produced and delivered to you in its entirety by day 21.
- You will then be given the opportunity to request ‘reasonable’ amendments.
- You agree that the webpage design and content is sufficient and can be ‘signed off’ by day 28.
- You will then agree to pay a subscription fee and your webpage entry on the website will ‘go live’.
- Additional administration charges of up to £25 will apply once your webpage is live.
- You acknowledge that service levels are paramount to the success of our mutual businesses and therefore agree to adhere to the Elite Trades ‘Code of Conduct’.
- The annual subscription for membership consists of a start up administration fee, due in advance for works carried out for the research, design and production of your business webpage, as well as collating and authenticating your vetting credentials.
- You then agree to pay us the subscription fee to be a member of Elite Trades. This guarantees the unique advertising ‘slot’ allocated to you including ongoing hosting and SEO works, required in promoting your business effectively.
- Fees are due yearly in advance, unless opting to pay monthly, in which they are monthly in advance. Monthly subscribers will incur an administration charge.
- You will be billed by our ‘sister’ company, Webwedo Limited. Their service provider is World Pay.
- We shall be under no obligation to provide the service until (a) the requested ‘vetting’ criteria is delivered and, (b) the subscription fee is paid and if paying monthly, the recurring payment mandate is signed.
6. Our Obligations
- We undertake to you that there will be no more than three premium entries at any one time, in the category within your geographical area selected for your business upon registration for the service.
- Both parties agree that it is in our mutual interest that the name and brand of Elite Trades along with its members and advertisers are both recognised as respected in the public eye. You also agree and understand that it is in all stakeholder’s interest for us to be able to remove from the website any member who is undesirable, dishonest, unreliable, unqualified or otherwise brings the good name of Elite Trades into disrepute or adversely affects the development of the business; such decisions shall be at our absolute discretion.
- We actively encourage feedback and references from your customers who engage with you as a result of the website.
- Any trade advertiser who scores an overall approval rating of less than four stars will be contacted to ascertain as to why the ratings are not reaching the premium levels as required by Elite Trades. If in the opinion of Elite Trades, the customer ratings are deemed to be justified then Elite Trades reserve the right to remove the member’s details from the website and terminate the use of the service; no refund being payable.
- We reserve the right to contact any customer who has submitted feedback to confirm the authenticity of that feedback.
- We undertake to use all reasonable skill and care in making the service and the website available to you and your customers whilst ensuring its availability during your membership. Elite Trades cannot guarantee but aims to ensure our website is operational 24 hours a day, although we may be required to suspend access to the website at any time without notice, for whatever reason, e.g. maintenance of website.
- Due to the nature of the internet, errors and omissions can and do occur and we do not give any other warrantees in respect of the service and the website. You agree that the accuracy of information should be verified to ensure the integrity of the website and service.
- We make no warranties that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has either contaminating or destructive properties, save that our site is regularly monitored for any such matters.
- All implied warranties are excluded from this agreement to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
9. Limitation of Liability
- We will use all our reasonable endeavours to remedy any faults in the website and the service, but cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any mistakes or omissions. If you feel that we are in breach of terms and conditions, you agree that your recovery shall be limited to the amount equivalent to your subscription fee paid or payable for the current year of service use.
- We will not be liable for any business losses; lost data, lost or reduced profit, lost opportunities, loss of contracts, increased costs and expenses or business interruption arising from the inability to use the service and/or website.
- We reserve the right to expand, amend or revise the website and indeed the service as our business grows or as the wider market and business environment demands.
- Should any provision in these terms and conditions be found by any court or authority to be invalid or not binding, we agree that such provision shall be severable and discounted from the rest of these terms and conditions which will remain unaffected and fully in force.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure to perform our obligations hereunder, if such failure results from force majeure or other causes beyond reasonable control but shall not include failure caused by negligence, misfeasance or the financial condition of either party.
- Links to external websites and resources are provided by independent third parties. We are neither responsible nor liable for the availability or content of these external resources.
This agreement, your advertisement and indeed your association with Elite Trades may be terminated by written notice if:
- You are in material breach of this agreement and the breach is not remedied within a period of 14 days after written notice has been served to you; or
- In the event of circumstances referred to in clause 7 above; or
- If the service is discontinued or if we are in material breach of this agreement and the breach is not remedied within the period of 14 days after written notice of the breach has been served upon us, you may terminate this agreement and receive a ‘pro-rata’ refund.
- Within the 14 days cooling off period, you can exercise your statutory right to cancel your instruction without any reason being given and receive a full refund. If you choose to cancel your agreement with us after the 14 days cooling off period, you may do so in writing stating the reason(s) for the termination and Elite Trades will cease to advertise and promote your business. No refund shall be made or due if you terminate the agreement after the statutory 14-day period.
- We may transfer and/or assign our rights and/or our obligations under these terms and conditions and this will not affect your rights. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we ignore this, we will remain entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these terms.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law.
- We aim to resolve any disagreements quickly and efficiently.
15. Changes to the Service
- We may from time to time amend these conditions. The updated version of the conditions will be made available, with the effective date. You agree to visit out ‘terms and conditions’ page on www.elitetrades.com regularly to find out about any such changes.
These Terms and Conditions were updated 20/07/16.